PAINT ISSUES
Today was a quieter day however I managed to paint the utility room with it's second coat of white matt emulsion.
A thought suddenly occurred to me that I was painting with matt emulsion over a relatively silk/shiny finish and whether that has an impact on the quality of the finish. A quick google search revealed that you should not paint matt over silk/shiny paint! Oh well, too late. Luckily it is only the utility room so it doesn't matter.
I think most rooms in the house are painted with 'silk' or 'shiny' paint which looks a bit old fashioned, so we will have to think about how we will paint those rooms.
SMELL ISSUES
I am very pleased with the smells in the kitchen, utility and conservatory. They are now 'livable'!!
The lounge smelt less of dog than yesterday, however the smell is still there! I also noticed that the carpet on the stairs pongs quite heavily of dog too......
GAS BOILER
I managed to get hold of, completely by chance, a 'gas safe' registered boiler man who is the son of our next door neighbour. We met the father yesterday who recommended him and today I was google searching gas boiler engineers and came across him. I have booked him in to come and check our boiler tomorrow evening.
ELECTRICIANS
I followed up on the 5 extra emails I sent yesterday. None are available or do domestic work except one, who will get in touch again tomorrow. Have had one quote from the first electrician, but nothing from the 2nd...
This is proving tricky!
Today was a quieter day however I managed to paint the utility room with it's second coat of white matt emulsion.
A thought suddenly occurred to me that I was painting with matt emulsion over a relatively silk/shiny finish and whether that has an impact on the quality of the finish. A quick google search revealed that you should not paint matt over silk/shiny paint! Oh well, too late. Luckily it is only the utility room so it doesn't matter.
I think most rooms in the house are painted with 'silk' or 'shiny' paint which looks a bit old fashioned, so we will have to think about how we will paint those rooms.
SMELL ISSUES
I am very pleased with the smells in the kitchen, utility and conservatory. They are now 'livable'!!
The lounge smelt less of dog than yesterday, however the smell is still there! I also noticed that the carpet on the stairs pongs quite heavily of dog too......
GAS BOILER
I managed to get hold of, completely by chance, a 'gas safe' registered boiler man who is the son of our next door neighbour. We met the father yesterday who recommended him and today I was google searching gas boiler engineers and came across him. I have booked him in to come and check our boiler tomorrow evening.
ELECTRICIANS
I followed up on the 5 extra emails I sent yesterday. None are available or do domestic work except one, who will get in touch again tomorrow. Have had one quote from the first electrician, but nothing from the 2nd...
This is proving tricky!
No comments:
Post a Comment